Top 10 Tips for Investing in an AppJune 6, 2016
Marketing Directly To Your CustomersAugust 18, 2016
Apps V Mobile Websites
• Most people will find your club via your website.
• Your website is an excellent place for people to see in depth what your entire club has to offer.
• Apps are great for retention and repeat business.
• Used correctly, apps can build strong relationships with your members.
Used together they make a very powerful sales and marketing tool.
Why websites are not enough aloneHaving a mobile responsive website is the very minimum requirement for any business savvy club to have and goes a long way to promoting your golf club, but the right app can excel over a website and even do a few things that your website is unable to. This is where your club is missing out.
• Instant (and offline) access to your club’s information
• Quick one touch navigation to where they wish to view - fixtures, tee booking, pro-shop, etc.
• Designed especially for mobile devices, which means no tiny writing, hunting for navigation or images spilling off the page!
Some specific items that your website is unlikely to be able to do are:
• Work in areas without signal
• Aiding the golfer out on the course
• Social sharing (social proof is a great way to act as a referral point)
• Push notifications of events, special offers, course closure, etc - even without the app open
• Access the golfer’s own network
• Let you know when a member has arrived or book them in for their round
• Show you pace of play
• Show competition stats as they are happening
Why Should Members Care?Remember.... No one wants to wait... Not even for a few seconds. No one wants to search.... Not even for their favourite club.
In this digital age we now live in, everyone wants and expects;
• instant results
• instant access
• instantly what they are looking for