Top Social Media Tips For Golf ClubsMay 31, 2016
Websites and Apps: Why clubs can’t afford to miss outJuly 19, 2016
Top 10 Tips for Investing in an App
1) What do you want the app to do?Decide upon what the main purpose(s) of your app is. Golf clubs might be looking to have a fully rounded app, whereas a sailing club might want their main focus to be upon the season’s race fixtures and results.
2) Select your app typeDo you need a native or hybrid app? If your users need to access the data without a good signal, for example, course guides, you will need a native app that has that information already downloaded onto it. If you are looking for a simple app and know that your users will have good web connectivity, a hybrid might fit the bill.
3) Image is everythingYour app will only look as good as your graphics. Apps are also a reflection of your club; just as you would never throw a brochure or website together using any old images and content; neither should you do so with an app.
4) Don't forget your members!Always remember the end user. You might want to have an app that generates income for your club, but if there is no incentive for them to download it, then your app will still be sat on the app stores gathering dust.
5) Don't go for cheap sponsored appsNEVER fill your app with third party sponsored advertising. You might think it is a great way to get a free/low cost app. However, research has shown that banner adverts are generally accepted as “annoying, but “ok”; however, full screen pop-up adverts irritate users so much that they abandon the app. Forever.
6) Speak to your users - for their benefit (and yours!)Ensure your own advertising is well timed. Unlike random third party sponsored advertising featured in free/low cost apps, your own adverts, push notifications and messages when timed correctly, can greatly add both to the user's experience and the profitability of your club.
Examples of this could be: suggestion of food in the clubhouse once the golfer comes to the end of their round or that if they booked another round now, they could save 10%. Also advertising forthcoming events is an excellent way to generate interest, interaction and income!